Monday, October 29, 2012

Meet Natalie Cameron Registered Massage Therapist at Woman Divine.

I was very happy when Natalie joined Woman Divine. Kind and soft-mannered she is a natural fit for our clinic. Natalie has got some top notch massage therapy skills up her sleeves and she exudes obvious passion for her craft. If you are on the lookout for a massage therapist, Natalie Cameron is a sound choice.
This is what Natalie would like you to know about herself and the work she does...

Hello, my name is Natalie Cameron and I am a Registered Massage Therapist. I have been working with Magdalena at Woman Divine for a little more than a year now. I am truly honoured to have this opportunity to work with her and in such a welcoming, beautiful and healing space.

I have always had a strong connection with massage. My Austrian grandmother gave me and taught me massage when I was a child. I have been told that I gave massages to members of my family when I was 3 years of age and I continued through the years.

I had an eagerness to learn about health which ultimately led me into the helping professions in the mid-nineties. Coming up to fifteen years, of working in the fields of massage therapy and body work, I am now even more passionate about health and healing. Some of what I am drawn to exploring include the breath, movement, flow, yoga, and nutrition. I work with pregnancy, infants and certainly children. I enjoy working with women of all ages and states of health. I really enjoy working with the elderly and I have experience in nursing homes, in palliative care and with Alzheimer's, cancer and diabetic patients. I have children and have worked with many children in different settings, including children with special needs and especially but not limited to Autism Spectrum Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders, AD(H)D and Sensory Processing Disorders. I have worked in the labour and delivery rooms in the Ottawa General Hospital maternity ward performing labour massage and post-partum massage. I love and have experience working with moms pre and post-natal. Infants are very welcome at Woman Divine whether for a massage, an infant massage class or even to accompany mom for her own massage.



”Health is the state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.”
B.K.S. Iyengar




While integrating the powerful connection between mind and body and through the use of many direct manual massage techniques, my treatments aim to augment the body's own ability to heal itself. I aim to utilize techniques which are clearly within a comfort zone for you. I strongly encourage client feedback to help to direct and individualize the treatment so that you feel more at ease. 
    
I am a very strong believer in the importance of the many facets of self care and the body's own natural ability to heal, restore and rejuvenate. I may give you some exercises in order to 
assist the body and create a balance. I often encourage deep breathing to allow the nervous system to calm, and once relaxed, for the body to release holding patterns and just let go.


Please ensure that you are well hydrated on the day of your treatment. Your treatment will be most comfortable if you eat a medium sized meal 1-3 hours before your treatment.


You can book your massage therapy appointment with Natalie Cameron online: www.womandivine.ca  
or by phone: 613 2976045

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this blog is really amazing and provide me answers to all my questions. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. I got the freebies with the ComLuv premium and adding this now makes it all even juicier than ever.
    Hi, this blog is really amazing and provide me answers to all my questions. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. I got the freebies with the ComLuv premium and adding this now makes it all even juicier than ever.

    ReplyDelete